Sunday, November 27, 2011

Our First Break Ever!

So Chris and I have made it through 7 years with no breaks, or sprangs with our kids, until now! These pictures aren't in order (Help?), but my sweet Bridger was running around in a trampoline with the zipper to the net open and slipped right out of the opening and fell and broke his wrist and the bottom of his humorous bone. It was seriously soooo scary. I didn't even know he broke his humorous bone until after we got to the hospital and they cut his long sleeve shirt off and I could see it! I've never felt that kind of absolute NEED to take his pain away from him and take it for myself. I literally made myself sick to my stomach. But after it was all said and done, we had 2 days of major hurt & pain, and very much deserved whining, and after that he was a TOTAL champ! Here are the 2 pins they had to put in his arm during surgery...Here he is getting his cast on! I made the nurse hide the pink wrap because I knew he would have picked it. What a mean mom, huh?!?!
After surgery...

Playing around like a Champ!

First Bath. Sorry about the business shot, but I couldn't crop it off. Do you like my garbage bag contraption though?

2 comments:

Michele said...

so sad!! It's hard seeing your kids hurt... poor guy

Amy said...

Poor Bridger!! That is so sad. Glad he is doing better now!