Monday, June 15, 2009

DreAM NIgHT...

A couple of weeks ago I put in for a drawing to Dream Night at the Hogle Zoo that was up at Bridgers classes at the university. AND WE DREW OUT!! It was held after hours from 6-9 with free dinner from Chick-fila and everything was open and it was for kids with special needs. Let me tell you, the moment I got there I was immediately grateful for the trials I am going through with Bridger. I almost felt like we shouldn't have been there! There were sooooooo many other severely handicapped/down syndrome/etc... kids there that I just looked at Bridger and about broke down crying because of how lucky I am to have my sweet Bridger. He is a trial, yes, but he is sooooooo dang cute, and outgoing, and physically able to do what he wants to do. I get loves and kisses, non-verbal communication and emotion out of him that a lot of parents didn't get from their child at the zoo!
Here is my Tiger Cord! He got his face painted and he was just hilarious. He would look at people with a sideward glance to make sure they were watching him and he would growl like a tiger. He kept asking all night if his tiger was still on his face!
On the choo, choo! Bridger had to sit on the seat all by himself like a big boy!
Eating our yummy Chick-fila dinners!
Cord braving a snake pet!

The infamous ape shot!
Bridger being silly with his daddy!
Cord was the map-keeper! He had to be in charge of carrying it and finding the animals!

6 comments:

Michele said...

that is so awesome! How fun. You are lucky to have 2 sweet boys... the third will be anytime now, right??

Amy said...

That looks like it was so fun...Chick-fil-A sounds so yummy right now! Sorry about Saturday, the dang weather:(

lhhadley said...

What a fun day! You must be lucky:)

R Cadina said...

Looks like so much fun!! We JUST went to the zoo too! I haven't been in years...It is really fun there. :0) And, you're such a sweet mom. I think Bridger's a doll...and you guys are doing so many great things for him. Good job. :0) btw, I love the cute pregnant sticker of you in the stick family...haha.

ceryl said...

How stinkin' fun! I bet your boys loved it! I promise you are like the cutest pregnant girl!

Candis said...

That is so cool! I never win anything. I love the tiger face paint! So cool! Your boys are seriously super cute! I know I probably say that in every comment but they just are!