Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Mighty Hunter!

Ok, For those of you that don't know me since the beginning of time, I'm talking about me, not Chris. I am the meat provider for this family, not my hubby! Since my dad (Mr. mighty hunter himself) only had 2 daughters, he had to teach his talents to us, and we just LOVE to go hunting!
We woke up at 3:15am to go meet my parents in Tremonton and take the 3 hour drive to Grouse Creek. I had only one day this year to accomplish my task of shooting a deer, so I couldn't be picky, hence Bambi in the photos with me! I wish I could of waited around for the monster 5 point buck we saw at the end of the day, but I had to do what I had to do to make sure I had a chance to "bag" a buck, and LOVE every minute of it! I haven't been in 5 years from having babies, and nursing and blah, blah, blah! But I got to go this year!!!!


Here is my monster 2 point, (heheheheheh!) Don't laugh, at least I got one, right? A lot of people didn't even get a shot! And I actually found this buck by myself, scoped out those tiny little horns among the 5 does it was with and shot it! I must admit I was a little proud, because I've always had my Dad doing all the hard work of scoping it out shouting orders to drop to the ground! cock a bullet in! put your patch on! SHOOT IT!!!!! - And although I love the comfort of him there helping me, I DID IT!!!
And here is my sweet Chris, that I talked into going with me for the first time and he was awesome!! He didn't complain about all the hiking we had to do, and he was spotting deer, a natural hunter, maybe next year I'll actually get him to buy a deer tag! LOVE YOU!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

So, Chris gets the fish and you get the Deer Meat. Good team work. I must say...you have got to be the cutest hunter out there. I don't even want to think about what I would look like at 3am out on the mountain.

Megan and Jon said...

You are so cute. I used to do alittle hunting myself maybe we should go sometimes. I never would have guessed you were out there with a gun shooting things. Hysterical. I can't wait to tell Jon.

Amy said...

Even though I am your "part vegetarian" animal loving friend, I am so proud of you!! I bet your dad was proud too.... I remember all our fishing adventures on your boat- I just love your fam. Tell them hi!

lhhadley said...

Great job Karie! I have never understood this sport...but I am glad that you got to do what you love again.

Brandy Jo said...

Way to go!

Bells said...

I am so proud of you! I can't believe your shot is still that good after a 5 year break! I love that you are the meat provider. Does Chris eat deer? I don't think you are supposed to look that good when you are hunting! :) You are adorable.