Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Traditions

Over Thanksgiving weekend our family went up to a cabin in Bear Lake with all of Chris's family and we had such a good time. We were all supposed to come up with an activity for the kids and I chose to do Gingerbread trains for the kiddos. They had sooo much fun decorating them, but I'll be honest Bridger was napping at the time, and Cord got bored half way through and started eating the candy instead of docorating with them, so I ended up finishing the project, so I guess I had fun!Decorating the Christmas Tree together as a family is really special to me. It has always been a tradition in my family to do it together while listening to Christmas music. It really brings the Christmas spirit to your heart!! And I'm a sucker about everything to do with Christmas! I love the look, the smells, the feeling, the food, the spirit, and of course the gift giving! Here is Cord strategically placing an ornament on the tree. He has a funny way of bunching them all together in clusters and I just let him, and then secretly move them a part when he's not watching.
Here I am attempting to put ribbon on my charlie brown tree, and I just don't think big ribbon and skinny trees jive, so on my finished project I ended up taking off the ribbon!


Here is Chris placing the star on top!

And here is the finished project minus the ribbon, so I might need to add something else. And the flash takes away the effect of the lighted tree in the dark! I seriously sit on my couch and bond with my tree every night because I just LOVE having a Christmas tree at this time of year!




6 comments:

lhhadley said...

So fun! The trains are way cute. Great idea. I LOVE everything about Christmas too. I just posted about Boston's letter to santa that he wrote today. A little early don't you think?... he is definately my kid. I can never even sleep on Christmas Eve. You are so good to get a real tree:)

Brenda Hurd said...

to cute - love the tree - its big! I must be grinchin out in my old age. I do love it - so much - but i just think we need to simplify. i'm up to 10 parties now - its too much and makes it more overwhelming than fun - ya know. I love sitting by the tree though! XOXO

Candis said...

The gingerbread trains are such a cute idea! We made homemade gingerbread houses last year, because I bought this cute cookie cutter set from Carter's school fundraiser. But this year I think I'm going to simplify and buy the kit from the store.

Amy said...

How fun! I can just see you admiring your tree each night:)... I'm with you I love to decorate to music and make a day of it! It gets a little harder each year with my "helpers" getting bigger-they want to put the decorations where they want and they know when I move them.....Memories!

Bells said...

I love you so much! Christmas always reminds me of you because you are such a Christmas fanatic. I love the Charley Brown tree. I actually like the giant ribbon! :) I love that you said that about cord and the bunching of the ornaments because Blakley did the same thing and I just was right behind her trying to spread them out without distracting from the creativity of course. :) Merry Christmas! I love it too, mostly from being around someone who loved it sooo much.
PS I wouldn't even want to know what my body fat % is let alone tell anyone else. You are so good, you look awesome!

R Cadina said...

Your blog is super cute. :0) I didn't take any pictures of us decorating our tree...hello? haha...oh well. But, great job! You have such cute family pictures too...that's so hard to do with little kids. :0) Anyway, love it!